Michigan Area Braves | Mid-Michigan Braves | Michigan Braves
The Michigan Braves LLC is guided by an advisory board of community partners.
The purpose of the Advisory Board shall be to advise and provide guidance to the Michigan Braves teams for baseball related functions in fulfilling its mission to coordinate, develop, instruct and play the game of baseball. The Advisory Board is encouraged to exercise the knowledge and experience of its members in anticipating and examining business, community and economic development needs. The Advisory Board has no legal or fiduciary responsibility for the Michigan Braves LLC, DBA Mid-Michigan Braves, DBA Mid Michigan Braves, and DBA ProChop Training. As used in these Bylaws, the term Michigan Braves shall also refer to DBA Mid-Michigan Braves, DBA Mid Michigan Braves, and DBA ProChop Training, and the term Advisory Board shall refer to the Advisory Board of the Michigan Braves LLC.
ARTICLE I – MEMBERSHIP
SECTION 1 – Number.
Membership of the Advisory Board shall consist of 1 to 20 members selected from the Great Lakes Region until such number is changed by an amendment to these Bylaws.
SECTION 2 – Eligibility.
Members shall be selected to provide a broadly representative cross section of business, community, and economic development activity within the Great Lakes Region. New members shall be nominated by the President with input from the Advisory Board. This process may occur at a board meeting or at other times using phone or email.
SECTION 3 – Term.
Members of the Advisory Board shall serve for a term of two years and may be reappointed for additional terms.
ARTICLE II – MEETINGS
SECTION 1 – Regular Meetings.
The Advisory Board shall hold 2 regular meetings annually. Meetings shall rotate among locations within the Great Lakes Region upon approval of the Advisory Board. Advisory Board members are expected to participate in at least one board meeting per two years, either by phone or in person, to remain in good standing.
SECTION 2 – Special Meetings.
Special meetings of the Advisory Board may be held on an as needed basis upon recommendation of the President or Advisory Board.
ARTICLE III – OBJECTIVES OF BOARD MEMBERS
- To help guide the long-term strategic plan of the Michigan Braves in accordance with its mission and the needs of the regional baseball community.
- To assist the Michigan Braves in identifying the most pressing business, community, and economic development issues in the regional baseball community.
- To provide overall project direction and expertise for the Michigan Braves initiatives.
- To serve in an advisory role to the Michigan Braves President and staff in identifying potential applied projects, providing input on the implementation of current and new training plans, and providing feedback on future training initiatives.
- To help promote the work of the Michigan Braves as a resource for advanced baseball outlets, recreation, travel and community groups, higher education institutions, and training facilities.
ARTICLE IV – COMMITTEES
SECTION 1 – Special committees may be appointed by the President for such special purposes as deemed necessary.
ARTICLE V – DUES
SECTION 1 – There shall be no dues or assessments for membership in the Braves, except for fees charged for participation and sponsorship. The amount of such fees shall be set annually by the President.
ARTICLE VI – LOCAL BRAVES RULES
SECTION 1 – The CLUB teams shall adopt the local playing rules of the Braves.
SECTION 2 – The local playing rules will be distributed to the managers of CLUB teams. Teams and players are to follow and abide by the provided playing rules.
SECTION 3 – No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances will be allowed at any Braves functions.
SECTION 4 – All Michigan Braves membership members are to abide by team and league rules. This includes coaches, administrators, players, guardians, player family members and any other membership representatives.
SECTION 4 – The term player refers to those membership players with the team and their guardians, legal or otherwise.
SECTION 5 – Players are to pay their memberships fees to the Michigan Braves to become eligible with the organization. The membership fees will be set by each team for the current season of play. Payment of memberships fees is due immediately. Teams may allow for a scheduled payment process for the players. This payment process will need to be provided in writing to the players. Players do not have a right to own equipment, uniforms, program instruction, facility usage, game play or any other branded property of the Michigan Braves until their membership fees are paid in full. Failure to pay the full fee amount will result in expulsion of membership and the players are required to return all Michigan Braves property. If a player is not in good standing order in regards to their Michigan Braves membership, the Michigan Braves organization reserves the right to use any means necessary to recoup what is owed back to the organization. Actions by the Michigan Braves organization my include sending the player (guardian) to collections, ligation and suspension from national organizations including NABF, AABC and USSSSA.
ARTICLE VII – SELECTION OF COACHES
SECTION 1 – Prior to each playing season, The President will accept applications from volunteer adult leaders wishing to serve as team managers and coaches. The President may provide Manager Application Forms for this purpose.
SECTION 2 – The President shall review applications and select managers and coaches for all teams. Applications include the following information:
- Coaching knowledge and experience.
- General baseball knowledge and experience.
- General character and conduct, especially past conduct within the Braves.
- Past performance within the Braves, especially in carrying out manager responsibilities.
as defined by The President.
SECTION 3 – Managers will be allowed to select such coaches and assistant coaches as they deem necessary to conduct team affairs. Such coaches and assistants shall be subject to the same standards of conduct and eligibility as managers shall provide the Braves with the name, address and phone number of all coaches and assistants.
SECTION 4 – All managers, coaches and team associates will have to sign a Braves Member Agreement.
SECTION 5 – A manager returning to the same Braves team or CLUB shall have the option of retaining his team name.
ARTICLE VIII – BRAVES OFFICIALS
SECTION 1 – All appointed managers within each Braves shall meet as soon as possible after appointment. The President will schedule a time and place for such meetings. The purpose of this meeting will be to review existing Braves rules, and to appoint individual Braves Representatives to facilitate smooth operation of each individual Braves.
SECTION 2 – Individual Braves Representatives shall be elected by managers from their respective Braves, and expected to monitor operation of his/her Braves, directed by their counterparts, the President.
ARTICLE IX – PLAYER DISTRIBUTION
SECTION 1 – All players can participate in a team tryout for the Braves. Associate teams can elect to have open tryouts or hold private tryouts annually.
ARTICLE X – SELECTION OF SELECT TEAM MANAGERS / COACHES
SECTION 1 – Each Select Team Manager, elected by the President, may select an eligible coaching staff and business manager to assigned Braves teams and CLUBS. The President will oversee all coaches, team managers and team personal.
ARTICLE XI – COACHES CONDUCT POLICY
To maintain status as a Braves manager, coach or member, all must follow the Coaches Conduct Policy or otherwise risk forfeiture and termination from the Braves. All Braves managers, coaches or members agree to the Braves Coaches Code of Conduct, which states as follows:
- Conduct myself in a dignified manner relating to emotions, language, attitude and actions
- Act at all times to protect the principles of fun, safety and development of all athletes
- Demonstrate respect for the ability of opponents as well as for the judgment of umpires, officials and opposing coaches
- Display control and professionalism at all times under any circumstance
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person, including opponents, other coaches, officials, administrators, parents, athletes, and spectators
- Refrain from verbal abuse and physical contact with athletes except where necessary for the development of the athletes’ skill(s) or athletic ability
- Be aware and understand the role and influence of a coach as an educator, imparting knowledge of skill as well as proper personal and social behavior
- Be reasonable in my demands on athletes’ time, energy and enthusiasm
- Provide an opportunity for all athletes to play the sport. Note that the Braves organization does not cut nor release players during the season unless approved by the President or the Board of Directors. Coaches are encouraged to work out any issues they have respectfully with players, parents or other members of the organization
- Conduct tryouts yearly and provide honest and impartial feedback to all participants
- Agree to uphold the principles of Player Development. Each and every player should be provided by the coaching staff the ability to progressively develop throughout the season
- Ensure that equipment and facilities meet safety standards and are appropriate to the level of the athletes
- Seek to learn the latest coaching practices that take into account the principles of growth and development of athletes
- Agree to abide by all applicable baseball rules and regulations, including USA Baseball’s Pitch Smart Pitching Guidelines
ARTICLE XII – SELECT TEAM FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
SECTION 1 – Each Select Braves Team (CLUB) will be responsible for team and individual expenses. The Michigan Area Braves will assist with expenses whenever possible, but Select Braves expenses will generally be the responsibility of each Select Braves team. Each Select Team must have a Business manager other than the Team Manager.
ARTICLE XIII – TOURNAMENT PLAY
SECTION 1 – Each Braves Team is eligible to participate in tournaments. Each team is responsible for team and individual expenses associated with Tournament Play. Michigan Area Braves will assist with expenses whenever possible, but Tournament Play expenses will generally be the responsibility of each Braves team. The team Manager must use only the team players rostered on that Braves Manager’s team during the current season.
ARTICLE XIV – DISCIPLINARY ACTION
SECTION 1 – The Board of Directors or President shall have the authority to suspend, discharge, or otherwise discipline any player, manager, coach, team official, parent, or other person whose conduct is in violation of the Rules and Regulations adopted by the Braves, these By Laws, and/or at such time as it is considered to be in the Braves’ best interests
SECTION 2 – Persons dismissed, barred, or suspended lose all rights within the team.
SECTION 3 – In the event of disciplinary procedure involving a player, or other person under the age of 18, that person’s manager and/or parent shall be invited to attend the hearing with the person concerned.
SECTION 4 – The President may impose any of the following penalties which, in their opinion, appears to match the severity of the offense:
- WARNING – The offending person is advised of the offense and further advise that the repetition of the offense will result in a more severe penalty.
- SUSPENSION – The offending person is to be advised that he or she has been suspended from all Braves activity for a specific number of games or days.
- DISMISSAL – The offending person is advised that he or she has been dismissed from the Braves for the remainder of the current season.
- BARRED – The offending person is to be advised that he or she has been barred from present and future participation from the Braves permanently or for a specific number of years.
ARTICLE XVII – ROBERTS RULES
SECTION 1 – The rules contained in the most current edition of Roberts Rules of Order shall govern the Braves meeting ‘ and meetings of the Board of Directors and Braves Committees in all cases in which they are applicable and consistent with these By Laws and any special rules of order that the Braves may adopt.
ARTICLE XVIII – AMENDMENTS
SECTION 1 – These By-Laws may be amended by the authority of the President.